High quality examinations delivered by experienced eye care professionals
A thorough non-invasive eye examination can tell us so much about the health of your vision. We can detect serious eye conditions that can cause harm to your vision as well as health problems such as diabetes and hypertension.
Most eye conditions show no symptoms until they reach an advanced stage. Regular eye examinations every 18 months will ensure that any conditions are detected and the appropriate treatment administered before your eyesight is affected.
At The Village Opticians you’ll benefit from a range of different tests including a full visual test, a visual acuity test and an eye pressure check. To ensure that your eyesight is fully protected and analysed, Leanne will spend around 30 minutes examining your vision.
We’ll then give you an in-depth analysis of your eyesight and give you all of the information and support you need to correct and protect it. If you have any questions about your eye care or you’ve noticed changes in your vision, it is important that you discuss this with Leanne.
We will help you with your choices when choosing frames ensuring that you get the right frame for you. We provide a comprehensive aftercare service to ensure that your spectacles are comfortable and in perfect working order.
You are eligible for an eye examination that is paid for by the NHS if:
- You are under 16, or under 19 in full-time education
- You are aged 60 or over
- You suffer from glaucoma or diabetes
- You are aged 40 or over and are either the parent, brother, sister or child of a person who has or had glaucoma
- You are considered to be at risk of glaucoma by an ophthalmologist
- You have been prescribed complex lenses under the NHS voucher scheme
- You are registered blind or partially sighted
- You or your partner receives income support, working families’ tax credit, income-based job-seekers allowance or disabled person’s tax credit
- You or your partner have a valid HC2 certificate